Jamie Oliver’s recipe piqued my interest as it had two types of Rice Flour and special ingredient, Pectin. I found GF Yorkshire Pudding a great gluten free replacement for the old Joy of Cooking standby. I’ve great big Yorkies using a large muffin tin, but for that WOW Factor, I used this Chicago Metallic Professional 6 Cup Popover Pan with Armor-Glide Coating.
If it gets hectic in the kitchen and can’t be bothered to turn down the oven twice as Jamie suggests, setting the Yorkies at 450 degrees for 20 minutes works as long as the oil is smokin’ hot when you start.
- Make the batter a day in advance, otherwise, several hours in advance.
- Check out the Science of Yorkies complete with the Why and the Pictures of the baking results using different types of milk, batter temperatures etc.
- Heat the Oil for 5 minutes before you add the batter. It should bubble up…if not, you may have to increase the baking time
- Pierce the Yorkies with a toothpick if you cannot serve them right away. It lets the steam escape without collapsing.
- Use your choice of Milk, Unsweetened Almond Milk or Coconut Milk